We got on the road and drove a little while until we came to Martin's Cove.
Now, for those of you who have never been there and ever plan a trip there - take good walking shoes and water, and don't go during the middle of they Wyoming afternoon. We didn't know it was going to be a hike and a half, so we were a little unprepared. But that's o.k. because it made the adventure a little more life-like for us. Can you imagine being a pioneer? I surely can't. It made me VERY grateful for those who came before us and forged their way through the rough wilderness.
Mark and Ashlee pulled a handcart on the trail. Each person who traveled in the handcart companies were only allowed to pack 17 pounds of stuff.
This is a picture of the lower part of the actual Martin's Cove.
We walked to the cove and sat and rested in the shade and talked a little about the pioneers and the struggles they had. On our way back we talked about our testimonies and how life's experiences have made us learn and grow. It was a great time to think about what life is all about and what is worth living for.
There were some buildings there that they had re-built in the exact spot where the buildings existed back in the 1800's. The buildings had been burnt down many years ago.
There were even some teepees. I like teepees.

A wagon. it was cool to get up close and take a look at the transportation they used.
After Martin's Cove, we drove and drove up through Wyoming and into Montana. I can't really remember what we did that day, but i remember that it rained on us a little bit. But it was so hot that it didn't bother me much.At one stop I had to lay down on the ground to rest cause I was so tired. This was my view looking up. Pretty great view, if you ask me.
This is passing into Montana, i think.
There are so many pics to choose from. Sorry that I can't share them all!
Stay tuned...........
2 comments:
I love Martin's Cove. I remeber going there in High School with my parents. It has such a great spirit about it. I would love to go back some time and take my kids. Sheldon would get a kick out of seeing all of the handcarts!
HEY! I was just there yesterday! But I didn't take many pictures, and we didn't have the time to hike the trail because we had spent too long by the Willie rescue site. I'm just going to use your Martin's Cove pictures and claim them as my own if that's cool with you...
Post a Comment