i gotta tell you - i think i am as close to a hang over as I'll ever be.
NO - I DID NOT DRINK ALCOHOL LAST NIGHT. just a lot of wassail and ate a lot of good food. and today - i am paying the price. i feel like I've been hit by a truck and left in a dirty ditch by the side of the road.
now, for those of you who couldn't come to the Wass-off last night, i pity you. (unless of course you live to far away, have children, or were drinking wassail yourself). i must admit - my roommates and i can throw a mean party. we re-arranged the furniture to accommodate a more relaxing and welcoming environment, and to put the food closer to the door to entice people in. Of course the luminaries that we put on our sidewalk that led up to our apartment door probably looked like a landing strip and made people want to come in for a warm cup of goodness.
we had 3 different kinds of wassail for everyone's drinking enjoyment - and each was a different enough from the others that i think everyone could find one they liked.
Our last guests left around midnight and the coolest thing is that we all went to bed and left the house a mess. so tonight after work I'll be doing dishes if anyone wants to stop by. speaking of - here's a a special shout-out to my AWESOME bro-in-law David. he did the dishes and saved my poor hands from a trip to Hades.
so, there you have it. our 1st annual Wass-off was a success.
nice.
4 comments:
Sounds like so much fun! :)
Hey Hot Stuff... that must have been some party if YOU have a hangover. I'll be done crying in a few minutes over the fact that I didn't receive an invitation to the Wass-off. Miss you lots- see you soon.
What a fun idea for a party! I don't recall getting my invitation. But whatever.....
Guess I'll go heat up some of my Stephen's Wassail and call it good.
I remember getting my invitation...
Killer party, Wendy.
Post a Comment