not sure how i feel about that yet - but at least I'm not as old as some of you out there. :)
first of all i want to say thank you to everyone who made it such a great day. thank you for all of the texts and phone calls and everything! i feel so loved. thank you thank you thank you!
the festivities started on friday because i got to take the day off of work to go to a Festival of Trees meeting. (that's another story for another time). Friday night, after i got back from my meeting, Isaac and i went to dinner at my favorite restaurant, Johnny Carino's, and then went to the dollar theatre to enjoy the movie Baby Mama. we watched that one and then i talked him into seeing another movie. so we walked out of the theatre, got back in line to buy tickets, and went and saw Speed Racer.
Saturday morning we had a wheat pancake breakfast (yummy) and went to Raging Waters. i had never been there before and i was really in the mood to do something out of the ordinary. so Isaac and i went and had so much fun. that place is seriously great. if anyone wants to go sometime, i will go with you.
see how happy i am to be at raging waters? so are the people standing behind me.
then we went and had a late lunch at the Cotton Bottom. we had garlic burgers that were on french bread. interesting, but good.
then i got to go home and take a short nap before showering and actually getting dressed for the day. Isaac picked me up and we went to dinner at Fratelli's. it's a cute little Italian joint by my house. then we drove out to the drive-in theatre to see The Dark Knight. Isaac had arranged for a surprise party there at the theatre. here is the e-mail that he sent out about it -
All,
As many of you know this Saturday the 19th is Wonderful Wa Wa Wendy Carter’s Birthday!!! For her birthday I’ve had several ideas but the best one by far is for her to share some of that day with all of you. So first, I wanted to ask everyone’s help to spread the word to those that I unintentionally missed with this email or didn’t have an email address for. And second it would be great to see all of you, and I know Wendy would love it too. So if you would please RSVP to this email and let me know if you can come then we can plan for some goodies and cake for all!
Here’s the plan:
This Saturday night the 19th I’ll take Wendy out to dinner and afterwards I will bring her for the big surprise to meet all of you at the Redwood Drive In Theaters. We can see the new Batman Movie (The Dark Night) which comes out this Friday. For those of you who don’t know Wendy is a Batman fan and has bragged to me in the past about how she once watched all of the Batman movies made in one day (even the crappy ones with the penguin guy)! The Redwood Drive In theaters cost $6.00 per person and you get a double feature. In the past they only accepted cash but I think they have now updated and can accept a card. The movies start at dark or about 9:00 pm but if everyone can get there a bit early to save some parking spots for the party and to yell surprise or happy birthday when we arrive that would be great. The theater is located at 3688 South Redwood Rd. I hope to see you all there and let me know if you can come.
Thanks!
Isaac Earl
so now i have some explaining to do. yes, i did watch all of the batman movies (back when i did this - there were only 5 movies) in one day. at the time i was still at Utah State and had a day to do whatever i wanted. so i vegged in front of the t.v. and spent some quality time with batman. my favorite was the one with the penguin - but he still freaks me out. this movie was on at the gym a couple of weeks ago and i wanted to scream.
me and my birthday fairy godfather
Lori and David enjoying a cold one at the drive in. see the buzzed look on David's face? did anyone check to make sure that was "root beer"?
we watched the movie at the drive in with friends and family and didn't get home until almost 3:00 in the morning. then on Sunday night i had family birthday dinner with all of my family and opened gifts and had cake. then i went to Isaac's parent's house for their July family birthday dinner and had gifts there, too.
so in the end - it was a very jam-packed, fun-filled weekend with lots of festivities and lots of love. thanks again everyone - i love you all!!!
8 comments:
I can't tell if David was purposely pulling that face or not... :)
you ARE totally loved! sounds like you had a great time....which, again, you deserve!!! here's to another great year full of fun for you!!
Happy Birthday! Love you girl. You so deserve the fun you had:)
Aww, sounds like a great b-day! Sorry I missed it!
Wendy, Wendy, Wendy...I can't believe I found you after all these years. I was looking on Emily and Jordan Fuller's blog and saw your name on there and thought, could it be??? And lo and behold it is you!!! Remember me? Hillary Lloyd from BHS? You know, I have been wondering how on earth to find you again and see what you've been up to. Looks like things are going well for you-and you have reached the big 2-9, wahoo! I hope you don't mind me posting a comment on your blog, I was just so excited to find this. If you have some time, I would love to hear from you..we also have a blog but it's private, so if you're interested in seeing it please email me and I'll send you the invitation: harveseth@gmail.com.
Hill
how lame I am! I'm sorry I missed it. you are always so good to send cards. I think your birthday sounds like a blast. glad it was so awesome for you. can't wait to see you this weekend!
Okay, you said you've never been to Raging Waters, but I remember a cousin outing to a water park about 25 years ago. Could that have been Raging Waters? Hmm. I guess you would have been 4!
Glad you had a happy birthday!
http://scriptures.lds.org/en/enos/1/25#25
Happy late birthday. ;-)
Post a Comment