
i am now going to blog about bread.
my cell mate, Erin, brought me a mini loaf of artisan bread this afternoon from her travels during lunch. what a fantastic present for a tuesday afternoon!
i love artisan bread. i've only recently discovered the pleasure of a good artisan bread. i would like to recommend a few places that i've found some delicious loafs.
- emigration market - mini loaf of french bread (like the one Erin brought me today)
- wal-mart at Quarry Bend - a nice cheese bread (i forgot the kind, i think asiago) it was divine!
other places have these fantastic finds, but i can only think of those two places right now. so go pick up a loaf and enjoy a slice of heaven. my new motto is that you must always have a nice piece of artisan bread on hand for any meal.
i could live in europe.
6 comments:
Sweetheart, if you move to Europe, I will come with you. I seriously have to go soon. It was on the list for October but the Euro is kicking the Dollar's butt. This is challenging me because I usually prefer to buy things when they are on sale... the US is on sale right now, not Europe.
I couldn't agree more! I love to go to Harmon's for my Artisan bread they will let you try as many kinds as you like. The store just off Bangeter is especially good! They even have cheeses and olive oils to try with it as well. We must go on a field trip there soon!
A thoroughly agreeable post - I love a good artisan bread. I have a really good shepherd's bread dip in my mission journal somewhere, I might have to look it up and cook it sometime. You actually cook the dip in the bread, it turns out really well.
On other thoughts:
"i could live in europe."
Really? Like, are you just throwing that out or could you live in Europe? Not that I'm doubting your ability to live in Europe, but would you have the tenacity to establish a permanent residence there? Or is this under certain stipulations (i.e. I could live in Europe if I didn't have to learn another language or if I could visit my family at least yearly)? I'd like to think I'd have no problem doing it, but imagining living in another country and actually going through with it are two very different things. I wonder how long I'd survive before I moved back to my family so that I could see all my nieces and nephews, and have Memorial Day barbecues.
Don't forget The Avenues Bakery! They have this incredibly naughty rosemary bread that is amazing.
So Someone's Birthday is coming up....
That's right, I've got it down on my calendar that it's WENDY CARTERS.
Mmmm. Crumb Brothers in Logan. FANTASTIC!!
Post a Comment