Wednesday, December 10, 2008

before and after -

for those of you who haven't been to our new apartment yet (that's pretty much everyone) here are a few pics of our kitchen. i want you to know - i put everything away and got everything off of the floor, counters, out of boxes, etc. when we moved in. we were quite busy for the first few weeks of being married - so we needed to just get stuff out of the way.
well, my husband couldn't stand it any longer. he wanted our cabinets to be organized and to make sense. go figure. :)
so he took the job upon himself (bless his heart) and it took 2 days to complete. we had all our cupboards full of food plus 3 large tupperware bins full of food. if anyone gets hungry - come over. we'll have spaghetti.


here's a pic of all the empty cupboards - isaac pulled everything out and organized it to put back in.



what the??? oh yeah - i had to thank him for his hard work. :)

THE END PRODUCT


our spice cupboard. notice how nice and neat everything is





here's a close up of the spices - so you can appreciate how nice and neat and organized he made them. i'm amazed. i don't want to even touch anything for fear of messing it all up.


another cupboard


oh - my cute husband cooking me dinner after a long day at work and school, and after he organized my kitchen. he must love me.


and our new kitchen. see how nice and clean and everything it is? we left the cupboards open for this pic so you could see how great it all looks.

o.k. that's all for now. now we turn to organizing the rest of the house.

12 comments:

The Dummers said...

That looks great! Does Isaac hire out? He can come and organize MY pantry!

Tracey said...

Oh to be newlyweds again. I hope he continues to do nice things and make you dinner, even years from now!

tiare said...

what an awesome husband! jared would never be a part of that!!!!!
your kitchen looks cute. can't wait to see the rest of your place!!!

Jordan said...

That's a blessing that you have so much food! wow!... Em and I are still building our pantry out. and it's been 7 months.

Susan G. said...

Glad you took pics...your cupboards will never be that clean again!!!

*Jordan and Whitney* said...

Haha how am I totally not suprised at all! That is the first thing I did too when I moved out of my moms is organize the spices. It must have driven him nuts too.

Lori and David said...

Man! I wish I had enough cupboard space for a whole shelf dedicated to spices! Lucky ducky! :)
You need to invite us over soon... when you are not spending all of your time studying for finals.

Woozy Girl said...

I give it 3 months before those spices look as disorganized as mine!

Kelseybob said...

What a great guy! That is awesome that he would do all that work!

Russ and Em said...

I didn't know of Issac's hidden cooking talent. Anyone that can put together spices must be a chef!

Heidi said...

Hi, Wendy. Just found your blog again. Can you send Isaac to my kitchen next. WOW!

Heather said...

Oh my goodness! Look at you. "My husband" this and "my husband" that. And all the ooey gooey mushy love newlywed stuff! I'm laughing pretty hard at you now...