Tuesday, October 27, 2009

monday night = family time

last night we went to brigette & justin's for a Halloween FHE night.
we ate dinner-in-a-pumpkin and taco soup, carved pumpkins, and tried to make caramel apples.
brigette & justin are the best hosts ever!


Kye was so excited about his little pumpkins he was going to carve. soon after this picture, he lost interest.


we spread newspaper out and had the kids go at the pumpkins. thankfully, no one cut themselves.


kye just LOVES cheeks. he's almost big enough to carry her.


david is now back from the land of sickness. lori and david took turns last week being sick. thankfully cheeks didn't come down with anything.


mom and isaac got to be the caramel helpers and unwrap 10 lbs. of caramel for the apples


my baby pumpkin for work. i did this free-hand. can you believe my mad skills?


keyan needed a little help from mom


here we were just starting to carve the poor pumpkins


all the boys had to come supervise isaac's carving


our happy pumpkin family


the finished product


the boys are still trying to get theirs done. more playing was going on than carving


lori's masterpiece


another of lori's masterpieces - HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!
cheeks had this cute pumpkin shirt on - and these cute little sassy jeans. what a stylin' babe.


the pumpkin girls.


note to my readers: DON'T USE WRAPPED CARAMELS TO TRY TO MAKE CARAMEL APPLES. as you can see, we found out the hard way that wrapped caramels didn't do such a great job. either zane cooked the caramel for too long, or we just don't know what we're doing. any advice? oh well, 10 lbs. of caramel wasted for a good cause


a few weekends ago i went to St. George with the Earl girls.
we went down for some shopping, good food, and a great play at Tuachan.

me, mom-in-law Anne, sis-in-law whitta & paisley, sis-in-law niki & critter, and Da


here's a pic of the stage. pictures weren't allowed during the performance so i tried to get one before it started.
we saw Aida - and it was FANTASTIC! what a great story.

4 comments:

Heidi said...

Funny, I just read an article about making caramel apples that said wrapped caramels are the easiest to use. If that's the easiest, I'd hate to see the hardest!

Awesome pumpkins!

Keri said...

For 1 pound wrapped caramels add 2 tablespoons of milk/cream or water. I made some last weekend and they turned out great! I even bought the cheap bulk caramels from Maceys instead of the Kraft caramels...Try again. Slowly melt them and constantly stir over low heat

Heather said...

we used wrapped caramels, also. I bought a bag of them that had a "recipe" on the back. It was 2 tbs. water for the package. I almost think it was too much because our caramel would soften after we took them out of the fridge. But it was still yummy. :)

I think your baby pumpkin is too cute! Is this some sort of an announcement? lol.

Russ and Em said...

Who did the pirate pumpkin? Love it! I want to hear about Aida, I've never seen it!