Thursday, October 14, 2010

t-minus 7 and counting.....

boo.
that's all i can say.
7 days and counting until lu-lu and company leave for paradise.
sometimes life sucks - for those of us being left behind.
we are going to miss them.
so we threw a party for lu-lu.
it was a surprise party.
we cried.
but apparently zane felt like posing in the background to ruin this picture. :)




we made it a hawaiian them - you know, cause that's where they're going.
it was fun and festive.
but sad.

i never posted about this next story - and i meant to.
for my dad's birthday we had a CHERPUMPLE.
google it.
watch the video.
laugh.
and know that we made one!
see the pics below:

photo 1: everything looks o.k. so far with 2 cakes.....


photo 2: keep adding that icing....


photo 3: hurry and add a candle - before it caves.....


photo 4: it's caving!!


photo 5: the masterminds.
lori's idea to make it.
my idea to actually try making it.


in the end we did eat it. it was just messy. but we learned how to do it better if we ever make it again. if you're daring enough to try it - let me know and i'll tell you my gems of knowledge from our attempt.
and by the way - yes, it is a crowd pleaser.

3 comments:

Susan G. said...

wow..I had never heard of a cherpumple...interesting. I'm impressed you gave it a try!

Brooke said...

I've been waiting for a good excuse to make a cherpumple. When I come up with one I'll definitely give you a call to get the tips!! Love it!

Heidi said...

Hmmm. My family's coming for Thanksgiving. Dare I try it?

How come yours doesn't look like his? Hee, hee. I think it looks awesome!

A sad 7 days.