Friday, November 9, 2007

go cougars!

Last night isaac and I went to the BYU vs. TCU football game. Don't worry - it took us over 2 hours to get there. We passed some of the time by eating dinner in the car (heather's super-yummy pasta salad). We parked really far away - not realizing how far away we were and had a nice brisk fall walk to the stadium. Isaac's friend Deppe had extra tickets so he and his wife were there, too. Brigette and Justin have season tickets so i got to see them and my mom and dad and Carter at the game, too.
After the game we walked back to the car talking about how funny life is and how naive and innocent we were when we were in college, not really knowing what life was going to be like. I mentioned that life was so fun in college because it seemed to have been one party or event after another, not really thinking ahead too much about where my life would go. He mentioned that he always felt like he was overly-responsible and stuff in college. I think living at home and going to college is a lot different than when you move away and are away from your parent's supervision. It is funny how my life has gone - but in the end, it has gone just the way it should have. And I like that. I just wish I could be 22 and dumb again. :)

Oh - I almost forgot! I got rear-ended after the game in the pretty after-the-game-BYU/Provo-traffic. Some chick hit me and when we got out of the car to look at it she said - Sorry, I spaced it. Uh....you spaced driving? How exactly does that work? Thank goodness there wasn't any damage done.

Today I am grateful I don't live in Provo.

4 comments:

jeremy said...

That's the kind of gratitude that gets me up on the harder mornings.

Heather said...

Ah, to be young and irresponsible again! We had some great times. (sigh).

I think some people DO "space" driving. :O) I'm glad there was no damage!

Kelseybob said...

I look back and think about how much responsiblity I had I just laugh now. Oh to be back there for a while.

I agree with Heather sometimes people do space driving. I'm glad you are okay.

Heather said...

I didn't see the picture before. It's super cute! :O)
hee hee