Wednesday, March 5, 2008

out with the old....in with the new....

well, i did it. this last weekend i took the plunge into the unknown and bought a new car. the trusty civic was having more problems than i wanted to deal with so i went looking for a new ride.

first i found a nissan frontier (a truck) but decided that an almost $400.00 a month car payment and a very large gasoline bill would not be fun after a few months. so i went looking for another car that would get better gas mileage and make more sense for a gal like me to have.

and i found this.


this is my new car.


it is a toyota camry, manual, has a sunroof and is super-speedy - a necessity for me. and i love it. i'm still getting used to the changes but i think with time it'll become familiar. for instance: the reach to the back seat to get whatever i'm searching for is a lot longer distance than it was in the civic. and i can't park in the super-tiny spots that i used to be able to. and the biggest change - my new car has a super-annoyingly alarm on it. i've never had a car with an alarm and i'm starting to realize that the alarm is almost as needy as...well, lets just say its needy. i haven't quite figured out the right buttons to push in which order and when i can and cannot open the doors. seems like the alarm has a mind of its own. i'm just worried about it getting set off while i'm at work or asleep at 3:00 in the morning and not realizing that its my car making that VERY LOUD and obnoxious sound. trust me - it is loud and it scares me to death when it goes off.

so here is the part in the post where i pay tribute to the civic.


the civic was a GREAT car. even after i hit that stupid deer when it jumped in front of my car that fateful winter night.


i figure if i hit a deer in my new car, we'll all enjoy some jerky for awhile cause the camry isn't going to wrinkle up like aluminum foil.



so here is my tribute to my old civic - goodbye 'ol friend. i'll miss you and your zippy ways.

7 comments:

Jordan said...

So you "ditched" your Trusty Old Honda Civic for the less refined Toyota?

One can only wonder why a trusted Honda owner (myself included *Up to two Honda's now*) would select a Toyota of all cars... ;)

Just Kidding, at least it wasn't a FORD.

Congrats on getting a new car! What happened to your old one?

Russ and Em said...

Thanks for resending out your blog address. I'm linking them on my blog so I can stay in touch with people better. Congrats on the new car. I'm a big Toyota fan and love my corolla. I also love the color.

Russ and Em said...

Thanks for resending out your blog address. I'm linking them on my blog so I can stay in touch with people better. Congrats on the new car. I'm a big Toyota fan and love my corolla. I also love the color.

jeremy said...

Nice car.

I'm looking into making that same investment. Soon. Seeing as I had to be towed from downtown tonight. For the second time in three weeks. Shudder.

Kudos on the new purchase.

A'Lisha said...

i love your beautiful new car!!!

Sara & Ty Nelson said...

Long live Silver Honda Civics!!! So funny you should mention, since we moved my little beauty out to Florida it has given us a few problems too! I think it just needed some TLC!

Good for you on the new car! I love Toyotas! Good choice, way fun!

Heather said...

That's a great car - gets good reviews. I hope it works out well for you! And it's cute. :O)