i know the following pics aren't that great - but they're all we've got.
and yes, i did know the proposal was coming. isaac and i had started making plans a few weeks before, but hadn't told anyone. i love dirty secrets.
so - the adventure weekend started friday night. i went to Fat Cats and to celebrate Lisa M. Cookie's birthday. she had invited a bunch of girls to have dinner and celebrate with her. it was so fun!!! we ate pizza and then bowled. good times all around (happy birthday week after your birthday, Lis!)
me and the birthday girl. not quite sure when she got taller than me, but......she did.
when i got home late friday night, as i was walking up to the front door, i could see that there was a light on in the basement, where my room is. so i got suspicious. isaac had told me we were going to go have our "enagement / proposal extravaganza" on saturday, but i thought - maybe he's going to surprise me toinght! so i opened the front door at home and could immediately smell roses. come on girls - don't act like you don't know what that smell is. i went straight to my room and voila! there on my dresser were these beauties.
aren't these BEAUTIFUL?!!?
my dad had gotten these for me and wrote a very nice note for me. i am such a lucky girl! all night long while i slept i could smell roses. it was so wonderful. (on a side note - notice what time my clock says next to the roses. yep, that's in the a.m. that's what time i was awake on saturday morning, getting ready to go for our day of fun to get engaged).
well, isaac picked me up on the motorcycle around 7:30 and gave me a rose. that was #1. well, during the next 8 hours, we made 11 more stops at places that had meaning for us and at each stop he gave me a rose and told me why he picked that place. i won't go into details here - cause the places won't mean anything to you readers, but they were great places for us cause they had lots of memories. it was nice and fun to be with him all day long. we rode the motorcycle the whole time, so needless to say, it was a long day, and we got tired. the last stop was up at Alta in little cottonwood canyon. we had gone there a few weeks ago for a picnic dinner date and he told me that's where he realized that he wanted to get married. so that's where he propsed. it was great! he got down on one knee and dropped the ring in the dirt and we were both tired and blah blah blah.
isaac and "the box"
we had a fellow hiker take a picture of us after isaac proposed and we talked for a bit
get it? big grizzly - HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
the view from where we got engaged
this is after he proposed and we had to hike back up the steep trail. and then it started raining. what a great day!
7 comments:
what a romanitc proposal! i love that it had meaning for the both of you. that's the best!...and ALL of those roses!!!
Cute! That sounds like a perfect day! And I love that you have so many pictures of the day. I don't have any and I wish I did.
Sounds like he really thought the whole thing out. Congrats again! I'm so excited for you!
Hey, It's Andrea (Johnson). I was blog stalking and randomly came across your blog. It has been forever since I have seen you. Congratulations on your engagement. I love your ring (it is similar to mine). I love the way he proposed, so romantic.
I can't believe how many people have blogs. When you have some time, go see my blog.
Andrea
How romantic! That is such a great story. I'm really happy for you!
Oh, that is so cute and so romantic!! awwwww!! :) I am so happy and excited for you both! Keep me posted!
Love it love it love it love it love it!
Post a Comment