Tuesday, December 8, 2009

time to play catch up -

it's been a few crazy weeks lately.

first - we celebrated our 1st anniversary. yee-haw!
we went to a local hot-spot and had a really, really sweet dinner, got a ride on a golf cart back to our room, and had a private hot tub. it was nice!



the happy couple

we had a really good dinner and were so full that we couldn't eat our dessert (three-layer chocolate cake). we took it back to our room and didn't eat it that night. but don't worry - the hubby-bubby wanted to taste it, so he ate it for breakfast.








mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

and don't forget the tradition of eating the top layer of your wedding cake on your 1st anniversary -



yep - this is what we did with it after tasting it. year old frosting is not very good

Then the thanksgiving eating bonanza started -

the hubby-bubby made this fantastic pie for one of our feasts. it was sure tasty -
and look at that meringue! he's an amazing cook.


and don't forget Cheeks on thanksgiving. here she is with her "My first thanksgiving" bib. she really chowed down.

then we got to go to my friend Diane's wedding. it was a beautiful day and she was a beautiful bride. so we had to take a picture of ourselves to mark the occasion




me and the blushing bride

then it was Dallin's birthday

Super-Jake wowed us with his mad harmonica skills. after all "where Jake goes, the party goes"


the party


then the Festival of Trees started. what a crazy week.
but we had enough time to make sure we knew how tall Brookie was. :)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Excuse me? Wedding? Blushing bride? When? Who? Where? I need details... call me! -GG

The Dummers said...

Thanks again for the tickets to F of T! It was a great excuse to see you!

Tracey said...

Happy first anniversary!! I can't believe it's already been a year! Looks like you're doing great:)

Brooke said...

Give me a break, I was just trying to see if I was still tall. (And my pant-shopping experiences this week verified that I am!) I had a great time at Festival this year, thanks for the memories!

Brittany said...

Happy belated anniversary!