Wednesday, February 6, 2008

slippery ice and cold knees

i am in a GROUCHY mood today.
i woke up not feeling completely rested and it was snowing. i do like the snow though, so that wasn't bad.
but when it takes over an hour to get to work and people are complete idiots driving in the snow, that didn't help my overly sour mood.
i drove to work listening to a tape from December 16, 1999, when i recorded my neice Dianne on the day her brother Chase was born. this is one of my favorite things to listen to because she just giggles the whole time on the recording. (i recently found this tape after it had been lost in storage) by the time i got to work i was a little frazzled. well, after i had walked halfway to the building i realized i had left my tape player on in the car. i didn't want the tape to get ruined because it could be a treasure for Dianne one day, so i walked back to my car to turn it off. i hate it when my conscience gets the best of me. as i was walking back to the parking garage i slipped on a patch of ice and landed right on my knees. it would have been bad, but i'm wearing a skirt today. i got up, walked to my car, and walked back to my office, again.
today should just be over and done with.

3 comments:

Kelseybob said...

I hate days like that... where you just want to go back to bed and pretend like it didn't happen. :( I hope that your knees don't still hurt. I'm sure tomorrow will be a better day! :)

Anonymous said...

I am sorry you had such a bad day. Can I come hang out with you and listen to that tape sometime?
--Lori

Heather said...

If you chance to meet a frown, do not let it stay! QUICKLY turn it upside-down and smile that frown away!

Sorry, I couldn't resist....
:O)