Monday, June 2, 2008

what? life is hectic? huh? i don't comprehend that....

well, thanks to all of you who left a great message after i chastised you all for not keeping up on your blogs. and yes, you guessed it - i succumbed to the slacking virus, also.

first of all - props have got to go out to Lagoon for a day full of fun. cause you know, it's what fun IS! Isaac's work had their lagoon day on Saturday so we jumped aboard the 'ol motorcycle and drove up for some fun. little did i know i would be riding some of the rides by myself. after 3 or 4 rides, Isaac got sick and had to sit a few out. i went on the new ride Wicked and Colossus by myself before i felt bad about leaving him on the park bench in the shade. so we joined up for the lunch with his co-workers and relaxed in the shade for a little while. then i talked him into going on a few more rides, wicked again, and then we had to leave.

later Saturday night we joined up with his family for his grandpa's 80th birthday party. they went with a Hawaiian theme for the party and it was fantastic! when we walked into the back yard, after getting lei'd, we thought we were just joining everyone in the yard for dinner. little did we know that they had gotten a Hawaiian singing group to come and sing for us during dinner. it was so sweet! we sat and ate really good Hawaiian food and listened to some bee-utiful music. they took requests and even humored us by singing melee kaliki maka, which as most of you know, is the Christmas song. it was great!

well, that is today's update.
hope you enjoyed this edition - and the new layout of my blog.
kinda crazy - just like life is.

8 comments:

Brooke said...

I love the look of your new blog! And I feel Isaac's pain, I get sick on some of the rides at Lagoon, too.

Nells-Bells said...

I need to go to Lagoon. It's funny but ever since having kids, I get even more sick on rides than before. I could usually stomach most of them but now it is worse. I do love to still go though. Love the new layout as well. I have updated my blog several times, BTW. Have you checked it out?!?! ;)

Nells-Bells said...

I need to go to Lagoon. It's funny but ever since having kids, I get even more sick on rides than before. I could usually stomach most of them but now it is worse. I do love to still go though. Love the new layout as well. I have updated my blog several times, BTW. Have you checked it out?!?! ;)

Alayna said...

FINALLY!!! I have been checking your blog daily. By the way, I do like the new template. Where did you get it from?

Alayna said...

I don't know how to reply to your comment, and don't really want to post my email address for everyone to see. Do you have Amy's email? She can tell you what my email address is. If not, let me know and I will post it.

Anonymous said...

I love the blog look and it goes with your Hawai'ian theme. I'm jealous about Lagoon. Russ is anti-amusement park so it is going to be a real push to get him to go when our kids are older now it is just plain impossible.

Anonymous said...

Wendy, we were at Lagoon on sat too for my work day at Lagoon. I got so sick! Calossus did me in. I couldn't believe how tired we were at the end of the day. I'm not as young as I used to be...tee hee...

Kelseybob said...

Sounds like lots of fun! I haven't been to Lagoon since I worked there, before Ryan and I got married. Ryan isn't a fan. :(