it's Wednesday. why not post a blog entry?
if you had to rate yourself on whether or not you were a heavy sleeper, what would you say? i would have put myself at a 3 or 4. i thought i would wake up pretty easily if the need arose. well, apparently I'm up to a 8 or 9.
last night, or should i say, in the wee hours of this morning, someone came to our apartment at 3:00, ringing the doorbell and looking for someone named Dave. i dunno, maybe one of my roommates had a bunk-mate named Dave last night. :)
the doorbell woke them both up, they went downstairs to see what was going on and on the other side of the door was a guy, smoking a cigar, looking for Dave. (yes, jenny kept the door bolted)
When they told me about it this morning it was kind of funny, but not, you know?
Emily got up because she thought it was jenny coming home and jenny got up because.....? I'm not sure. but I'm glad i didn't get woken up. i think i would have had some nasty words for that guy.
so anyways he just said that his friend Dave used to live there - which i don't buy because girls have been living in our apartment for YEARS. so i am going to give him the benefit of the doubt and say that he probably just had the wrong apartment. after all, all of turnberry looks the same to an outsider, especially at 3:00 in the morning. or maybe i should say - all of turnberry looks the same to a drunk outsider at 3:00 in the morning, especially cause he's drunk.
good thing I'm moving home this weekend - i won't have to worry about a cigar-holding man coming to my parent's house at 3:00 in the morning looking for Dave. and Dave - wherever you are - shame on you for moving on your friend without telling him!
10 comments:
Well, you've definitely got one thing right - I won't be holding a cigar when I visit your parents place ;).
I USED to be a heavy sleeper before I had kids. Now I can wake to the sound of the air turning on. Well, not really. But when either kid starts to cry I wake up in a panic. It's crazy.
You have some crazy stories girl! Thanks for making me laugh. Good luck on your move can't wait to see you more often when I'm home.
Shannon
lol, that is funny. So I think even know you ar moving you should at least stop in for the shower. Alayna was just saying 2 days ago how she was excited to see you, and of course so am I! Come on you know you want to see us too!
I'm such a light sleeper I would have heard the foot steps up to the door.
I would have been scared out of my mind!
i too am a light sleeper. i don't tolerate loud breathing, snoring, tossing and turning...in general movement and sound! i'm going to fail miserably as a mother....
Wendy! I can't believe I found your blog! There's a lot to be said for blog hopping! It looks like you're loving life. congrats on Grad school! Come check out my blog! (it's mostly about my kid, but she's the most exciting thing I got going...) So good to find you again!
Loves,
Carrie Douglas Morris
makeitcountmorris.blogspot.com
woah. that's freaky. Good thing your roomie kept that door bolted.
I am a super light sleeper and it is miserable. Whenever I'm woken up at night it takes me forever to fall back asleep. You'd better warn Dave's friend that if he stops at our house I would get violent with anyone that wakes me up because I know I'll be up for at least two hours and that doesn't make me happy
Post a Comment